Sunday, January 6, 2013

Who Is Norman Vladimir? The New Millennium Soulman

Photo by Don Razniewski
At least that's what Ebony Magazine called me for my latest feature in their "Introducing..." series. See my feature in Ebony Magazine here.

So, who IS Norman Vladimir? I've been getting this question a lot lately - and, trust me, I'm glad people are asking. Perhaps he's the "New Millennium Soulman". Perhaps he's a Pop & Soul singer/songwriter. Or perhaps he's a musician who grew up in small town Tennessee, who, through his blend of acoustic soul, storytelling songwriting, and his goal to connect, has let his music guide his journey around the world to Europe, Australia, South America, and Asia, and has landed him in the center of the New York music scene. Check out my song "120 Volts" here, proudly featured on Hypeli as "Video of the Week" :



Let's be honest: it's difficult to define yourself! But as an artist, it's the question that everyone wants to ask you. The reason it's difficult to answer is because when you're an artist, the last thing you want to do is put yourself in a box, or limit the scope of your work - you always want to expand your reach. As an artist, you want to constantly be growing, changing, improving. But, people want to know YOU.  They want to know your story. They want to know what makes you tick. They want to know what inspires your work. And, let's be honest, we artists do this all the time to other artists who excite and intrigue us, so it's only fair, right?!

So, check out more of me on my website here, and let me know your thoughts on twitter @normanvladimir . Who is Norman Vladimir to you? I'd love to hear from you!

Much love,
Norman Vladimir

Links:
- My Website:  http://www.normanvladimir.com/
- Twitter: @normanvladimir
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/normanvladimir1
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/normanvladimir
- Ebony Magazine Feature: http://www.ebony.com/video/entertainment-culture/introducing-norman-vladimir-video-888


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...